If you are a sun seeker rather than a snow angel, and are chasing the winter sun this Christmas, here are some travel tips for jewellery:
- consider pieces which give you flexibility and transform seamlessly from day to night. Hoop earrings with detachable drops are a perfect example.
- jewellery which layers well provides a range of looks. Consider bracelets and bangles, and necklaces with adjustable lengths.
- invest in a suitable travel case to protect items when in transit. This is essential to avoid permanent damage. Ideally use a case with a soft interior, or a jewellery roll with compartments. In particular, ensure that diamond jewellery is separated from other jewellery.
- if a ring is susceptible to being a little tight before you depart, it may not be a good choice in warmer climates- it will become too snug.
- ensure that your jewellery is suitably insured while abroad.